The Photographers Guide to Using Luminosity Masks
How to Edit Your Photos with Photoshop Luminosity Masks
Learn to apply Luminosity Masks to all kinds of editing tasks in Photoshop and improve the quality of your results. Rather than focus on the process of creating the masks, this course gives priority to their use. In addition, the course introduces you to advanced techniques that you can use to combine and refine your Luminosity Masks, going way beyond what many other courses offer.
More than 4.5 hours of high-quality HD video lessons guide you through the many aspects of editing photos with Luminosity Masks.
The high-resolution images used in the video lessons are included for you to download and follow along with the course.
An introductory 30-minute Luminosity Mask refresher is included, to ensure every student understands how to create:
- Lights, Darks and Midtone mask sets.
- Work with Alpha Channels, Selections and Masks.
- Make selections and masks based on colour.
- Create Saturation and Vibrancy masks.
Much of the course is illustrated with a free Luminosity Masking tool that can be downloaded from the Adobe Exchange. But importantly, you can follow the lessons with many other Luminosity Masking tools such as Raya Pro and Lumenzia. You can also follow along using a simple Photoshop action or even manually create the masks as you need them.
You will learn how to:
- Make global and selective adjustments to any photo using Luminosity Masks.
- Enhance and introduce realistic colour to your photos.
- Tap into the power of Blending Modes when using Luminosity Masks.
- Exposure blend from a single RAW file or multiple RAW files, whilst retaining the benefits of working with a RAW image.
- Make localised selections with Luminosity Masks as well as combine and manipulate the masks further to improve your results.
By the end of this course you will have an advanced understanding of how to use Luminosity Masks in your own photo editing.
This is not an introductory course and does not explain the basics of what a Luminosity Mask is. It also assumes you are familiar with Photoshop, Layers and using Adobe Camera RAW (or Lightroom). This is an intermediate to advanced Photoshop editing course. If you require an introductory Luminosity Course, my Mastering Photoshop Luminosity Masks course will meet your needs.
All content including the downloadable files are protected by Copyright and are the property of Robin Whalley. You are granted a license to use the material for your personal use. You must not redistribute any of the materials either in part or in full.
Robin Whalley is a Landscape Photographer based in the UK. His photography and writing have been widely published and his books can be found on Amazon. He is an experienced trainer having delivered courses for different organisations over the past 20 years. Robin prides himself on his ability to take complex subjects and break these into understandable chunks for students.